Last summer I was working on several commissioned pieces. A few of them were knitted lace tops. There was a combination of several things going on, but the top on which I used one of my favorite lace motifs, turned out so well, that I was immediately inspired to make another one.
Instead of working on a tube, I made a V-neck opening in the front. It took a few tries to get the increases right (worked top-down), but it wasn’t too hard to achieve. After completing the body, I worked a shortened bell-edging, in order to avoid too much flaring. The upper edge of the top is adorned with a simple crochet lace. At last, I added several crochet chain straps, which were weaved together at the back. For these I did not count stitches, but length instead.
I didn’t make proper calculations for the initial amount of repeats because I was a bit lazy. The result is not bad, but it is a lot looser than I wanted it to be. So far I have worn it with another top and with one of my triangular crochet bras. The good thing is that it is very lightweight and airy, perfect for super-hot summer days!